Publisher: Moments Publisher
Verdict: ☆☆☆☆A Perfect Blend of emotions, love and romance with Ballad and Sonnet the highlight of the book. A must read Anthology
About the Author: This book is compiled by Pulkit Gupta... who is the Author of "life and Promises. It is edited by Harshita Shrivastava whose debut novel "One in a Million" got very good response.
About the Book: Welcome this Season of Love with a never before effort by twelve resplendent writers to pen most fascinating love tales. Cheer the feeling of love with Moonlit Matinee, coming up on this Valentine. This is a unique concept which is a blend of Prose, Sonnet, Ballad and Poetry. It contains tales of Love, Emotions, Lust, Passion and Relationship. This is a perfect gift which you can give to your Valentine or you best friend.
Review: Firstly, I appreciate the hard work done by Author Pulkit Gupta who attempted ballad and sonnet in his anthology. they were the highlights of the book. I really enjoyed reading it. The cover of the book is really attractive which clearly focus on love which is the theme of the book. The blurb of the book is also short and sweet highlighting the
whole anthology. Now as a reviewer let me give you my feedback for the stories individually...
1. Bon Voyage by Harshita Srivastava: It is a story of love and sacrifice. when you lose a person you got to know the importance of him/ her which is beautifully shown in this story with full emotions. I really enjoyed the sweet moments between Akash and Kushi during their train journey.. overall a sweet read.
2. Emptiness by Pulkit Gupta: It is a very sweet romantic story between two strangers which met during a holiday. The sad story of Radhika really touched me emotionally and the way Rachit had shown his love for her even after listening to his story was beautiful.
3. Rasgulla By Abhishek: I really enjoyed reading this story specially the climax where Rasgulla word was used that was the funny element. The pain and barrier of caste between lovers is very common which creates pain in heart. The author had beautifully narrated the story. An enjoyable read.
4. Wish you were here by Ila Garg: A story of life and Death which will touch your heart. akash love for Vani was soulful and very beautifully written.
5. The Rosemary Letters by Ashish Sharma. A story in the form of Ballad was the highlight of the book. Very beautifully written and it is one of my favourite. The love in the form of letters were really nicely written. A perfect blend of poetic and ryming. Each and every phrase was perfectly narrated.
6. All I want is you by Sonia Kundra Singh: A beautiful love story between Army captain and the stranger and his kid. The end was really very funny and cute. It also contains some witty and humorous lines that will make you laugh. It is a chirpy sweet and enjoyable read.
7. The love story by Harpreet Makkar: It is a love story between two people who reunites at an old age due to family rules and regulations. There was nothing new in this story. A very simple narration. I like the ending.
8. The Gifts by Ishita Bhown: This is something unusual love story which will attract the attention of the readers. I really liked the gifts demanded by Jia from his lover Raj which were really different which will touch the heart of readers. The end will make you cry with happiness.
9. Bollywood affair by Ayan basu: Stardom and success is very difficult to achieve. One face so many difficulties in life. Farzin story will make you emotional which the reality of Bollywood life. A nice and simple story.
10. Flavoured Smoke by Pratham Devang: This is sweet and simple love story. Two lovers get seperated by Faith and then again reunited by destiny. A positive story with emotions and romance.
11. Lyrics of lavish rain by Rachna Sheth: This is a beautiful story in the form of Sonnet: very beautifully written phrases full ryming and emotional. I really enjoyed each and every part. The narration was free flow with passion. one cannot stay his/her eyes away without completing the sonnet.
12. Cupid,s arrow Bull's Eye by Siddharth Yadav: This story is really very emotional. it contains passion, Lust , revenge and sacrifice. The end was simple. Mohit's revenge in the form of lust was really shocking. But author had narrated very nicely and it is the reality.
13. Ehsaas-the feeling: Love and relationship is very beautifully narrated by the author. I really enjoyed reading the love between two orphanage and later their emotional touch for the old age home couple.I had tears while reading this story. Good job author
14. An ode to Relationship: by Nandini Garg: A beautiful poem with perfect Ryming. A perfect end to the anthology. It has written in a flowing manner which makes it an enjoyable read...
Overall a perfect mixture of emotions and Romance. The highlight of the anthology was ballad and sonnet which will touch the heart of the readers with his perfect narration. I also enjoyed reading some of the short stories. It is the worth reading Anthology with mixture of stories and poems. All the authors have wonderfully contributed in the book. All the best to all of them.
The book can be purchased from: