Verdict: ☆☆☆1/2 … A beautiful Anthology with different genre along with reality of life. Syahi is really a rose with petals of emotions. A must read book.
About The Author: It is an Anthology by Apoorva Arora, Hitakshi Bawa, Aman Sharma, Nehali Lalwani, Khushi Gupta, Ayush Agarwal, Neoni D’souza, Omung Goyal, Salli Shah, Shrutee Parekh.
About The Book: They say fragrant petals make a beautiful rose which leaves an essence lingering in our hearts.
Syahi is one such rose, one such saga of short stories, one such process of ideas beautifully created by 10 artistic, creative and enterprising budding authors.
With each author tapping their creative self, with each grasping a different genre and each story better than the other, Syahi has been conceived to connect with those, wanting to grasp the best genres in one book.
From a thrilling, page turning story, to a soulful heart rendering tale to a romantic dreamy idea, to emotions in a relationship, Syahi is compiled to introduce you to the power of the pen by few of our talented youth.
Turn the pages of Siyahi and indulge in the creative thoughts of our petals Salli, Nehali, Omung, Neoni, Khushi, Shrutee, Apporva, Ayush, Hitakshi and Aman as they drown you in their gripping stories. Feel the essence of each author, each petal, and each story of Syahi as you connect it with your life….and feel it unfolding.
Review: First of all I congratulate all the debut authors for their effort. The cover of the book is really pleasing and soothing for the eyes. Thanks to Sunil Kaushik for giving really a nice cover for the book. Title of the anthology “Syahi” is an Innovative name. I really liked the title. The Blurb of the book makes it attractive and urge you to read the short stories as it contains a mixed genre. I would love to give my feedback for all the stories Individually so that Authors know their hard work effort.
1, An Odyssey of Discovering Life…Again By Apoorva Arora: This is the first story and it really created a deep impact in my heart. The Author had clearly shown the meaning of life which is beautiful. Aparna’s journey to search the meaning of life was really beautiful. I just loved the title and the climax touched me completely. Life is a beautiful fairy tale….. But sometimes life is more beautiful than a fairy tale. This is what beautifully explained by the Authoress. “Once in a lifetime our lives will flashback… Don’t make choices that you regret later”… Reality of life. A nice and emotional read. It truly will make you understand about life.
2. Better Late than never… By Hitakshi Bawa.. A sweet love story and a reality of life. One should always express their feelings for someone without getting late. Akriti had done the right thing when she expressed his love for virtue. Hitakshi had clubbed the emotions and freshness of the story perfectly. The way Akriti and Viraat had expressed their love for each other was beautifully defined. I as a reader could feel their emotions perfectly. Good job Hitakshi. A beautiful read.
3. Letting Go By Aman Sharma. A beautiful and Emotional story. It’s true sometimes holding a relationship which is of no use is more painful than letting him/her go out of your life. That is what Aman had beautifully explained in this story. I enjoyed reading Aman’s emotional attachment towards Shilpi.
4. 26/11-A Dark Twilight By Nehali Lalwani: 26/11 one of the most tragic Day when Mumbai-City of Dreams lost thousand of the People. This story made the memories live. A very emotional moment when many people lost their loved ones. Whenever I read the story, I really cried a lot. What a tragic site would be when people lost their mother, Girlfriend wives, Husband. Beautifully narrated story.
5. Life a Vague mystery By Khushi Gupta: This story was a page turner. I really enjoyed reading it. A beautiful yet emotional saga of relationship between a mother and a daughter. The end really made me cry. It’s true divorce shatter the life of a girl. That's what happened to Sarah when her parents got divorced. A nice read.
6. Shattered Tatters By Ayush Agarwal: I really liked the title which attracted me to read the whole story. This story had the grip which will keep the readers glued till the end. A very well narrated story. I really enjoyed reading about the journey of Kehav and the twist and turn happened in his life. The most shocking part of his working life in the Doctors clinic. I could not believe that this thing also happens in the clinic. I congratulate Ayush for bringing such a topic for the readers to read. The End was painful. A well written story. Good job Ayush.
7. Sometimes it’s not simple by Neoni D’Souza: When you read the title, you will never able to guess the real story. A very simple story, Yet the climax will give you a severe shock and surprise. I really enjoyed reading it. The highlight of the story is the climax and its narration. No-one had perfectly defined Namit’s character. The way story took its turn was really interesting. I as a reader really impressed by the author's writing style. Kudos! For writing such an interesting story.
8. The Survivor-U Khand Flood Disaster By Omung Goyal: This was another incident where people lost their lives and dear ones. Omung had recalled the memories altogether. The Flood disaster in Utrakhand was another shocking moment. And Kabir’s journey as a survival really made you emotional. It’s true Life never gives you a second chance. Live life fully and enjoy each moment happily with your loved ones. The loss of dear ones in Uthrakand was really painful. It was an emotional read.
9. 3 Sins By Salli Shah: This story is the reality of life. In Some places Girls child is always treated as a curse and a sin. People leave them in an orphanage or sometimes they kill them in the womb only. Salli had beautifully narrated the story. Sexual harassment is also faced by girls from their well wishers which compelled them to kill themselves. A beautiful story.
10. It All Started With A Key By Shrutee Parekh: I just loved the title of this story and this story really touched my heart. Beautiful narration with sweet poems. I liked the concept of Soulmate and Soul Friend which everyone wants in their life. I too desire to have a soul mate. Vivaan as a soul mate and Onir as a soul friend was really nice characters. The Paris life story really made me cry. Overall a nice read. Good luck Shrutee and keep writing.
11. It’s never too late By Aman Sharma. A nice and sweet love story. The Author had beautifully defined the relation between Nikhil and Smriti. Sometimes it’s never too late to speak to your feelings to your loved one.
12 A Lesson for life By Nehali Lalwani: A beautiful teaching by Nehali with this story. One should live life to the fullest. A nice sweet story to read.
13. Un-destined Love By Salli Shah: A beautiful love story. It’s true love is never chosen, It happens to an unexpected person at an unexpected time. I loved the narration and love angle between Seher and Tapan. Love is truly meant to care and share and be there in every situation. I enjoyed each and every sweet moment in the story.
14. You Amaze Me! By Ayush Agarwal. This is another story by Ayush and again I loved his imagination. It was funny, emotional with beautiful narration. The best part of the story which amazed me as a reader was it was written from the point of 8months baby. She was the first person and the author had beautifully told the story from her point of view. The climax was emotional but interesting. Overall the bestest story of Syahi. Good job author.
15. That Night @12 By Neoni: It’s true some relations are special. It is not necessary to have a blood relation to make it special. Very beautifully written. I enjoyed reading it. A very emotional tale.
16. To Be Hanged Till Death By Omung Goyal: This is the last story and I am happy that the book ended with an Interesting story. Although the starting was a bit filmy but as the story progressed it held the grip of the reader. I really loved the climax which suddenly twisted the story on a different note. I loved the narration of the story the way lawyer had fought the case of the chid Lalit. The best part of the story was it didn’t make you bored. Good job author.
Syahi had a good collection of anthology. I enjoyed reading each and every story. The best part of this anthology was it was written with great imagination. My personal favorite stories were It all started with a key, You Amazed me! That Night @12 and To Be Hanged Till Death. The best part of this anthology was its climax. Few stories have a very interesting Climax. Authors have really put their best effort and I appreciate their hard work. Good job done and Good luck to Syahi team.
Book Can be purchased from: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/syahi/2028273247?pos=0;1