Verdict: ☆☆☆ ½ A book filled with emotions perfectly suits the title. It clearly explains the meaning of relationship and love. A must read book.
About The Author:' Vinit K. Bansal is the author of 'I am Heartless… A Real Confession', a novel, which has been continuously ruling the bestseller charts since the last one and half years and has been acclaimed as one of the most touching love stories of recent time. He is fond of reading, writing and composing stories since childhood. He earned his Master’s degree from Kurukshetra University and was bestowed awards both at the college and university level. He continues to nurture his dream of writing till today and has succeeded in giving shape to his thoughts on his books. As a voracious reader and an avid writer, his vision extends to the realm of social service too. At present, he is working with the State Bank of India in Delhi and loves to pen down his thoughts whenever he finds time.
About The Book: Like the lyrics of an old song which keeps repeating themselves in our mind or a fever dormant in the blood or an importunate lover impossible to get rid of, the memories of love or love itself keeps returning in our lives again and again at the oddest of times and the strangest of places. Randomly, beautifully, haphazardly or passionately, love lives up again for it has been waiting for you, waiting for this union, waiting to merge with you at last. So, keeping the trend alive and after the roaring success of our novice, Uff Ye Emotions, we are back once again with Uff Ye Emotions 2. With Love, comes many emotions, some of them being a pain, betrayal, hatred, hope and friendship. We fall in and out of love time and again, but we can never be tired of it because it is one of the only few aspects of life we can't keep ourselves away from, isn't it?
Review: Everyone was eagerly waiting for an Uff yeh Emotions sequel as it clearly explains the meaning of relationships with the apt amount of emotions and I am happy that Vinit encourage young talents. Uff Yeh Emotions 2 contains 11 stories and all stories are interesting to read with the perfect balance of emotions that make the reader fall in love with the stories. The cover of the book is perfect and the back cover mentions all the authors with their story is an interesting concept. Since there are 11 different Authors with their stories I would like to mention each story in detail.
1. The Client By Vinit K. Bansal : This is the story which will really make you emotional. It is about Riya, a prostitute by profession. The concept was interesting, but the end really made me disappointed. The story was engrossing and simple to read. I really loved the silent relationship between a prostitute and a rich person Chandrakant. Everyone has the urge of companionship and they take any step to have someone in life and it’s very difficult for a prostitute to live a normal life. This is very beautifully explained by Vinit.
2. Moksha By Kunal Marathe. I had first time read a story written by Kunal and I am happy to read his writing. He has a very good imagination, style. The story is very interesting which will surely touch your mind and heart. The starting with a court scene where Arshdeep was arrested for his wife’s murder was really an interesting concept which will make you eager to read the entire story to know the reason behind his arrest. Seriously the end will make you cry. Sometimes circumstances make you do things which you never thought in life. I really loved the relationship between Soumya and Arshdeep and their love towards each other. The emotional Trauma which Arshdeep faced was really worth reading. Good and well written Story. Good Luck Kunal.
3. When Destiny Strikes! By Mahi Singla. I am a big fan of Mahi as a writer. After reading her debut novel, I was sure this story will be very interesting and I was right. Relationship between two friends Gunjan and Payal was very beautifully explained by the author. I totally agree with the author destiny plays a very important role in our life. It’s true, “When destiny strikes, it makes and breaks the rules we have set for ourselves. It makes or breaks the lives we have defined for ourselves.” It’s destiny which united the two friends again. A nice and interesting read
4. The Woman Who waited by Shalini Katyal: I really loved the title and it perfectly suited the story. It tells us about the true love of a woman who waited for her love till the end. I as a reader was totally touched by Madhumita’s love for Ashish. A nice and emotional read. This story will make you believe in love and the end will make you cry with love and happiness. A very well written story. Shalini as a first time writer had done a great job and beautifully captured the emotions in her writing. I loved the saying, “True love has its own miraculous power, two innocent hearts tied with its thread,Always enjoy their blissful shower”. Keep writing Shalini and good luck.
5. The Pale Pigeon By Siddhartha Yadav: A very interesting story showing a common scenario in Today’s world where children treat their parents just as a money lending machine and leave them in the Old Age home. I liked the starting and relation between Mohit and Richa. But the initial pages of the story reminded me of movie Bagbaan. Even Abhijatya and Ashmita didn’t get proper space. The story would have been more interesting, If these two characters were also mentioned by the author. I really loved the scene when Mohit wished his wife Richa on her Birthday through the radio station.
6. Hickey By Heema Shirvaikar: Sexual assault and Molestation by men on women for the sake of their comfort is really shocking. This is totally shameful and disgusting scenario. Marital rape is really a very sensitive issue and Author had very nicely explained the concept. After reading this story, I had goose bumps and was speechless. Maya’s character is well written. She wanted to raise her voice on such an issue, but was helpless. It’s true if you love someone, you will not bite that person harshly. Therefore hickey is no longer trail of love bite, but scar and it should be avoided.I loved this story. Good luck Author.
7. NCERT OF LOVE By Himanshu Chabra and Udita Pal: This is one of the very cute love story of the book. It’s true when you are teenager your love is very cute and sweet. You express your love towards each other by the exchange of love letters. I totally agree love is a wonderful thing and can happen anytime and at any age. Student of Class 8th love is away from any drama. It’s simply sweet.
8. I’ll Be there By Ishani Malhotra: A true and sweet love story beautifully written by the Author. I enjoyed reading every moment of love between Sahil and Sheena. Sometimes love cannot be explained and when it happens it is one of the beautiful thing. The story had a freshness which kept the readers hooked till the end. The climax was full of love. The romantic words use by the author was really an interesting read. Sometimes love at first site make you happy for lifetime.
9. Dilemma By Tarang Sinha: This story is the highlight of the book. It is my favorite story of the book. I loved the Ashima’s character. Her character clearly explains that humanity is still there. She sacrificed her life for her friend’s daughter was commendable. Although I was really sad for her, but still I appreciated her decision. Ronit should appreciate her decision and should support her. A very nicely written story. Good luck Tarang.
10. 120 Minutes By Saravana Kumar Murugan: Sometimes few hours or minutes when you are on the verge of life and death, it realizes the importance of someone in your life. That is what explained by the author in this story. A wonderful narration. Although the story lacked it’s path, it could have been better. Those 120 minutes when the author was on the verge of life and Death realizes his true love for his wife Isha. It was nicely explained by Author. The eagerness to go home safely and hug his wife was simply beautiful.
11. Love and Sacrifices By Meghant Parmar and Heena Ahuja: The title of the story perfectly suited to the concept. Each and every character of the story were beautifully written. Love between Radhika and Clark was nicely explained by the author. I enjoyed reading their relationship and the sacrifices which Dr Ramesh and Gopi did to save their lives was commendable. The poems in the story were beautifully written. A perfect ending for the Anthology. I loved the climax. This story had love and sacrifices together ,which kept the readers hooked till the end. It’s true Some relationships and love for people just keep going on forever.
Overall an interesting contribution by all the authors. I appreciate their imaginations and talent. The Anthology as per title had full emotions which will not disappoint the readers. It beautifully explained the relationship in every aspect. A hearty congratulations and my best wishes to all the contributors and special thanks to Vinit for such a nice concept. Cheers!
The Book can be purchased from: http://www.homeshop18.com/uff-ye-emotions-2-india-most-loved-story/author:edited-vinit-k-bansal/isbn:9789380914756/books/fiction/product:31160525/cid:11965/?pos=2